Panzanella


A simple dish perfect for Spring, Summer, and whenever you have some stale bread in the kitchen.
The original recipe comes from the Tuscany countryside and as far as I remember it requires 3-day old Tuscan bread, chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, onions, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
You can make it in advance and you can serve it as an appetizer or main dish.
Actually this was my lunch today. There's an awful echo in the fridge and the little bread I had was really hard, so this versatile recipe came to my mind.
I made it with 2-day-old gluten-free vegan bread cut into cubes, 2 ripe tomatoes, 1 big juicy ripe yellow peach (peeled), 2 tablespoons of strong extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon ume vinegar, sea salt and 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds.
Then I covered the bowl and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
I suppose it would be equally scrumptious with a lot of fresh basil leaves, which I have none so I went for the exotic touch of coriander.

Listening to: The Pop Group - "She's beyond good and evil"

No comments:

Post a Comment